"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, January 1, 2010

Out with the old, in with the New Year!

It's amazing that 2009 is over and it's 2010! 2010 means my husband turns 30 and we will be married 7 years! Oh, and my baby girl will be 5! That makes me want to cry, where did the time go?

The past few days I have really been reflecting on the past year and what a ride it has been. What started out as such a longing in our hearts to have another child has turned into one of the most lifechanging years of my life. Letting go of what was out of my control and giving it to God was an amazing turning point this year. Not only did God lead my heart to Ethiopia and a desire to adopt, but to some amazing people as well.

As I look back it is remarkable to see His hand in orchestrating all the events of the past year. It is so not about me, what took me so long to realize this?! I have a passion inside me that didn't exist a year ago. A passion to live my life for God.

So what exactly took place this year?

Troy and I decided that we will adopt from Ethiopia!

I began the hobby of dying scarves and making necklaces.

I had a booth at a local festival to sell my items that would be the start of our adoption fund.

My new nephew Gavin Michael was born in April and my new niece Jocelyn Elizabeth was born in September, they are such blessings to our family.

We found a new church that is wonderful that we now call our church home.

I joined a community bible study on the book of Genesis where I have met some wondeful women. Peyton attends the children's bible study and loves it.

I was invited to a church by my dear cousin Anna, where Pat Bradley from International Crisis Aid (ICA) spoke on the horrific crime of sex trafficking that thousands of young girls are subject to on a daily basis.

My mom and I attended ICA's first advocacy meeeting so that we can help get the word out on their SAFE program to rescue girls from sex trafficking.

I hosted my first Ties to Ethiopia party. Jennifer Jones from ICA spoke on sex trafficking and Chantelle Becking, a fellow blogger, spoke on her own adoptions from Guatemala and Ethiopia. I loved getting to meet her beautiful daughters!

I was reminded over and over again how lucky I am to have such supportive people in my life. The generosity of others has been so overwhelming.

So, what's next? Well, it looks like we will be signing on with an adoption agency in the very near future! The day that happens will be the day my dream comes true!

No comments:

Post a Comment