"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, October 12, 2009

I know, I know...

I have been absent from blogging. I feel like since this is a blog about our plans to adopt from Ethiopia that is what I should be blogging about. Unfortunately we have no news to report. You have no idea how much I wish I was writing to inform everyone that we have started the process, but not yet. So what are we waiting on? Well as everyone already knows the economy is pitiful; therefore my husband Troy's work is slow, no more like dead. He is busy on his time off finishing a house to sell. It was a complete rehab and he has done an amazing job on it! We're hoping that finances will allow it to be finished soon. Once it sells, here we come Ethiopia!!!

With all that being said life is not boring. Through this whole waiting period God has done some amazing things in my life. A mom from MCM, the mom's group I belong to, told me about the bible verse Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Thank you Heather!!! This has been the anthem to my life for the past several months! Just a couple of days after Heather told me of this verse, I was walking through Hobby Lobby, my new favorite store, and there sitting on a shelf by itself was a plaque with the verse!!! When God speaks to me he has to speak loud and boy did he! This verse has been revealed to me in so many ways it really is amazing, in books I have read, in church, on facebook even! That plaque now sits on the windowsill above our kitchen sink. Everyday now I look at that verse and it brings both a smile and tears to my eyes.

I have so much more to write about and new pictures to post so please stay tuned and I promise it won't take me another 2 months to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment